Our current plans mark over 50 years of dedication to the shelter, protection and care of homeless cats across southern Arizona, especially those are often not consider adoptable by other organizations. The board has contracted with the campaign consulting company Smith & Dale to conduct the Feasibility Study. This process will assist us in determining how we will move forward in a Capital Campaign.
As all of you know, the Hermitage is a cage-less, free roaming shelter. The emotional and physical health and safety of our felines is our first priority. Building renovations will greatly improve the quality of life for our resident cats. New building plans include:
- New ramps and platforms for play and exercise
- Windows to provide for natural sunlight and stimulation.
- Expansion of the outdoor cat areas
- A small retail space where you will be able to find everything you need for your cat companion(s).
- An open and inviting reception area and adoption rooms where you can take the time to bond with your newest family member(s).
- ADA compliant restrooms
- An Education Room for lectures and programming
- Comfortable benches throughout the shelter that will allow visitors to interact with the cats.
As we embark on this next exciting phase of the Hermitage and our next 50 years of operations, stay tuned for periodic updates through publications, emails and our Facebook page.